Gain knowledge and share your enthusiasm!
As an Education Volunteer, you will explore the Museum, observe like a scientist, share your knowledge, and bring the Ice Age back to life for our guests!
This is your chance to work at the Museum, where active research is happening every day, and fossils are being taken out of the ground right before your eyes! People from all over the world visit our Museum for its fascinating content and unique setting, and you can be their guide. By joining our team of education volunteers, you strengthen the Museum, provide a valuable service, and become an integral part of the staff team.
As an EDUCATION VOLUNTEER, you will:
- Interact with all our guests, from school kids to families to tourists from around the world
- Build your own knowledge about the Ice Age and share this exciting information with others
- Develop and enhance your public engagement skills, including public speaking, customer service, and more
- Assist with fun, educational programs and events
- Lead tours for school groups and the general public
- Facilitate educational programs for school-aged children
Education volunteer orientation and training is offered regularly during the year.
APPLY NOW to join our team today!
Please note that you must be at least 16 years old to volunteer. Volunteers 18 and over must complete a Live Scan upon joining the program; a California DMV-issued photo identification or driver's license will be required. For more information, contact Volunteer Program Manager Julie McAdam at email@example.com.